YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- A 49-year-old Yonkers man faces nine different charges, including felony aggravated vehicular homicide, in the death of 19-year-old Yonkers resident Sreeraj Chandran, according to the Westchester County District Attorney' Office.
- A three-alarm fire in Yonkers ripped a Park Hill Avenue house on Sunday, Feb. 9 and left two families homeless, according to LoHud.com.
- Yonkers is in mourning after legendary comedian and beloved Yonkers native Sid Caesar died Wednesday at the age of 91.
- A fight in a Yonkers home on Sunday, Feb. 9 led to a stabbing that has left two men in the hospital, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Westchester County police recovered 16 grams of cocaine, 10 glassine envelopes of heroin, 50 pipes used to smoke crack cocaine and arrested five people on related drug charges at an Ossining home this past weekend, police said.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks arrested a Yonkers man and charged him with aggravated driving while intoxicated, police officials said.