YONKERS, N.Y. -- This month, students throughout the Yonkers School District are demonstrating their commitment to stop bullying in its tracks.
Bullying awareness is ongoing throughout the district on a day-to-day basis, punctuated by special events. For example:
- At Foxfire and School 22, students are wearing orange and classroom doors are decorated with anti-bullying messages.
- PEARLS Hawthorne School students will wear yellow to kickoff its "Committee Against Bullying" activities.
- School 30 fifth-graders also will wear orange, be encouraged by daily messages about bullying and attend an assembly
- Montessori 31's community meeting are centered around the theme National Unity Day - Unite Against Bullying.
- The halls of Yonkers Middle/High School will be covered in messages and slogans designed by students as part of the yearlong BARK program (Be prepared, act responsibly, respect others, and keep safe).
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.