YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Plans are in place for the old Yonkers City Jail to be purchased by two prominent members of the arts community, Daniel Wolf, an art collector and dealer, and his wife, architect and artist Maya Lin, who hope to transform the space into an art studio, gallery and loft space , according to LoHud.com.
- Firefighters contained a three-alarm fire at 12 Ashburton Place between North Broadway and Ashburton Avenue in Yonkers that started early Monday afternoon and displaced 17 people.
- A 1-year-old girl died as the result of a car crash on the northbound Sprain Brook Parkway. The crash led to a vehicle fire that closed the northbound Sprain for more than two hours.
- A Yonkers fire Nov. 24 has left a family of four homeless , according to LoHud.com.
- New York State Police arrested a Yonkers man for driving while intoxicated , according to state police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.