SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories around Southern Westchester County from last week.
- County Executive Rob Astorino outlined his goals for Westchester in the coming years during his State of the County address.
- A Yonkers couple survived a crash with a train on Sunday on their way from New Jersey.
- A man accused of stabbing his girlfriend earlier this month at the Irvington train station has a history of domestic troubles .
- A Scarsdale Rabbi will be featured in the documentary, "112 Weddings."
- Robert Castagna, director of health, physical education and athletics for the past 12 years in Rye was named athletic director at the Byram Hills School District .
- Former Sleepy Hollow student Bruce Jenner's sex change could have a local impact .
- Port Chester Schools reported a small number of students who opted out of state standardized testing.
- A man who tried to commit suicide in Pelham is alive, but in critical condition.
- The New Rochelle Board of Education approved a $250 million budget .
- A Mount Vernon woman was charged in a fatal hit-and-run accident in Yonkers.
- A Larchmont real estate agent is the representative for a dream home that was featured on HGTV .
- The Harrison Association of Teachers presented a check for $4,000 to the Harrison Food Pantry.
- A Hartsdale woman died after jumping from the George Washington Bridge .
- Two employees of a Tuckahoe group home have pleaded guilty for their role in injuring a developmentally disabled patient .
- New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital opened a new cardiac lab in Bronxville .
- A Yonkers girl was accidentally shot while playing with a handgun .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.