YONKERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers last week:
- Evan Inlaw is the winner of the race for Yonkers City Court Judge, according to unofficial results.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a DWI detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- Drivers in Westchester County and throughout New York State could face tougher fines and penalties if caught texting and driving.
- The Alwan Arab Music Ensemble , featuring a mix of Arab, Middle Eastern, and Western music, is scheduled to perform on Thursday, Nov. 13, at 5 p.m., in Reisinger Concert Hall at Sarah Lawrence College. Tickets are free and the event is open to the public.
- The City of Yonkers honored television legend Sid Caesar by naming the block of Main Street between Riverdale and Hawthorne avenues after him, according to News 12 Westchester.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.