YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers welcomed the holiday season Monday night with the official lighting of the Christmas tree at City Hall.
Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano was on-hand for the lighting, one of several that will take place throughout Yonkers. There are also several Menorah lightings scheduled during December.
“The holidays are the most wonderful time of year to join together with family, friends and neighbors,” said Spano. “These tree and menorah lightings bring our communities together to celebrate the joy of the season and the diversity of our city.”
The schedule for Christmas tree lighting events in Yonkers are as follows:
- Downtown/Waterfront BID (Getty Square, Intersection of Main Street, New Main Street, and N. Broadway) – Dec. 2 at 4 p.m.
- Crestwood Residents’ Association (American Legion Plaza) – Dec. 3 at 7 p.m.
- Untermyer Performing Arts Council (Untermyer Park, 945 N. Broadway) – Dec. 5 at 4:30 p.m.
- Colonial Heights Residents’ Association (St. George Pkwy & Longvue Terrace) –Dec. 5 at 7:30 p.m.
- McLean Avenue Merchants Association (Conor Park, McLean Avenue and Central Park Avenue) – Dec. 8 at 6 p.m.
- Park Hill Residents’ Association (Rumsey Road and Spring Street) – Dec. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Lennon Park Tree Lighting – Dec. 12 at 5 p.m.
The schedule for Menorah lightings in Yonkers are as follows:
- McLean Avenue Merchants Association (Conor Park, McLean Avenue and Central Park Avenue) – date and time TBA
- Ridge Hill – Dec. 16; time TBA
- City of Yonkers (City Hall) – Dec. 17 at 4 p.m.
- Cross County Shopping Center Chanukah Celebration (between Adidas and Bebe stores) – Dec. 18 at 6 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.