Learn about the nutritional benefits of whole grains at ShopRite in Yonkers on Wednesday, March 30.
ShopRite announced they will be participating in Whole Grain Sampling Day, an annual event organized by the Whole Grains Council to educate consumers about the nutritional benefits of whole grains.
For those unable to attend a Whole Grain Sampling Day event, the ShopRite Health and Wellness team has compiled some easy suggestions on how to incorporate more whole grains into your diet:
- Add brown rice, barley or quinoa to soup or chili.
- Use grains such as rice pilaf, quinoa salad, tabbouleh or farroas a salad topping.
- Use oats instead of breadcrumbs.
- Have popcorn as a snack. Yes, popcorn is a whole grain.
- Try using half whole wheat flour, half white flour in baked goods
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.