YONKERS, N.Y. -- The 62nd Annual Yonkers St. Patrick’s Day Parade on McLean Avenue will be held Saturday, March 18.
Archbishop of the New York Archdiocese Cardinal Timothy Dolan will be the parade's grand marshal.
The parade will assemble on McLean Avenue between Bronx River Road and Hyatt Avenue at 11:30 a.m. It will commence at 1:00 p.m.
The parade route is as follows: West on McLean Avenue proceeding for approximately 1 ¼ miles, terminating at the Coyne Park lot.
McLean Avenue will be closed from approximately noon to 4:00 p.m. from Bronx River Road to Central Park Avenue.
The major detours are as follows:
- Bronx River Road, north and southbound, will be kept opened.
- Central Park Avenue, north and southbound, will be kept opened.
- Kimball Avenue, north and southbound, will be closed when the parade reaches Kimball Avenue.
The following detour will be implemented:
- Southbound Kimball Avenue will be diverted at Hill View Avenue and Scott Avenue.
- Northbound Kimball Avenue will be diverted at the city line onto Katonah Avenue.
- Westbound traffic on McLean Ave/Nereid Avenue at Bronx River Road/Webster will be diverted onto Bronx River Road.
- Eastbound traffic on McLean Ave at Central Park Avenue will be diverted onto Northbound Central Park Ave.
- All secondary streets, north and south of McLean, will be closed one block east and westbound toward McLean Avenue.
- No Parking will be allowed anywhere on McLean Ave along the
- Parade route and on any immediate side streets.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.