YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers native and retired tennis star James Blake said he didn't know the family renting his Florida home but was saddened by the murder-suicide that took place there, according to The Hartford Courant.
Darrin Campbell, the man living in Blake's Tampa home reportedly shot his wife and children before setting the home on fire and taking his own life, The Courant reported.
Blake, who grew up in Fairfield, Conn., was in New Haven to announce he will play in an event in August. Blake is scheduled to play American tennis legends Jim Courier and Andy Roddick during the event, The Courant said.
- 1 Residents Jump From Porch Roof To Escape Yonkers Fire
- 2 Yonkers Man Charged As Police Find More Than 10,000 Bags Of Heroin
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Saw Mill Experiencing Delays After Morning Fire In Yonkers
- 5 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say