YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers native and retired tennis star James Blake said he didn't know the family renting his Florida home but was saddened by the murder-suicide that took place there, according to The Hartford Courant.
Darrin Campbell, the man living in Blake's Tampa home reportedly shot his wife and children before setting the home on fire and taking his own life, The Courant reported.
Blake, who grew up in Fairfield, Conn., was in New Haven to announce he will play in an event in August. Blake is scheduled to play American tennis legends Jim Courier and Andy Roddick during the event, The Courant said.
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 Woman Hit By Van On Central Avenue In Yonkers
- 5 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus