YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers native and retired tennis star James Blake said he didn't know the family renting his Florida home but was saddened by the murder-suicide that took place there, according to The Hartford Courant.
Darrin Campbell, the man living in Blake's Tampa home reportedly shot his wife and children before setting the home on fire and taking his own life, The Courant reported.
Blake, who grew up in Fairfield, Conn., was in New Haven to announce he will play in an event in August. Blake is scheduled to play American tennis legends Jim Courier and Andy Roddick during the event, The Courant said.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers