YONKERS, N.Y. – Fox Lane has four wrestlers seeded first as the Foxes aim to defend their title Saturday at the 2013 Super 16 Wrestling Championships at Yonkers High School.
Ben Ettlinger (132 pounds), Brandon Fay (99), Scotty Rodrigues (120) and Matt Grippi (106) are the top seed in their respective weight classes. Frank Surace (138) is seeded third.
Wrestling will begin at 9 a.m. with the finals scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Irvington has a pair of No. 1 seeds in Brett Pastore (152) and Anthony DiNardo (285).
Three-time Section 1 Division II champion Drew Longo of Ardsley is seeded first in the 138-pound weight class. He will get the winner of second-seeded Edwin Jimenez of Sleepy Hollow and Surace.
Harrison has the top two seeds in the 120-pound weight class with Joe Maida and Josh Guerrero, respectively. If the seeds hold, the Harrison teammates will wrestle in the final.
The Huskies have three other wrestlers seeded in the top three in their respective weight class – David Polakoff (third at 145), Frankie Barchella (second at 99) and Dominick Schepis (third at 170).
Yonkers’ teammates Braendan Frazier and Branden Jaikaran are the second and third seeds, respectively, in the 285-pound weight class and could meet in a semifinal.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester