YONKERS, N.Y. - Danny Hoffer is in the middle of his senior year at Archbishop Stepinac High School but the Yonkers resident and varsity quarterback is looking ahead to his next four years.
Hoffer has been offered a chance to attend Wagner College next fall and is planning to visit the Staten Island college soon.
"It's definitely a blessing to be able to have this opportunity," Hoffer said. "It's close to home, which is cool. They are Northeast Conference champions. They beat a couple teams pretty bad that are also recruiting me, so it definitely is a great football program."
Hoffer completed 111 of 243 passes for 1,393 yards and 11 touchdowns and rushed for another 409 yards for Stepinac this past fall.
Wagner football went 9-3 this fall and advanced to the NCAA Football Championship subdivision playoff second round before falling to Eastern Washington 29-19.
"I hear they have a gorgeous campus and I looked them up on the Internet," Hoffer said. "It looks awesome. My family and I are looking forward to seeing the school and visiting on the overnight stay."
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Yonkers Bank
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 National Weather Service: Yonkers' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester