YONKERS, N.Y. - Danny Hoffer is in the middle of his senior year at Archbishop Stepinac High School but the Yonkers resident and varsity quarterback is looking ahead to his next four years.
Hoffer has been offered a chance to attend Wagner College next fall and is planning to visit the Staten Island college soon.
"It's definitely a blessing to be able to have this opportunity," Hoffer said. "It's close to home, which is cool. They are Northeast Conference champions. They beat a couple teams pretty bad that are also recruiting me, so it definitely is a great football program."
Hoffer completed 111 of 243 passes for 1,393 yards and 11 touchdowns and rushed for another 409 yards for Stepinac this past fall.
Wagner football went 9-3 this fall and advanced to the NCAA Football Championship subdivision playoff second round before falling to Eastern Washington 29-19.
"I hear they have a gorgeous campus and I looked them up on the Internet," Hoffer said. "It looks awesome. My family and I are looking forward to seeing the school and visiting on the overnight stay."
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three