NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Iona College men's basketball senior guard Sean Armand has been invited to the 62nd annual Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in Portsmouth, Va.
The three-day tournament will run Wednesday, April 16, through Saturday, April 19, at Churchland High School Sports Complex.
Each year for 61 years the Portsmouth Invitational has invited 64 of the best college basketball players (seniors) from across the nation to participate in a four-day, 12-game tournament in front of representatives from every NBA team.
With Armand's selection, an Iona men's basketball student-athlete has participated in the tournament for three consecutive years. His former teammates Mike Glover and Lamont Jones appeared in the 2012 and 2013 events.
The Gaels join Florida, Oral Roberts and Temple as the only NCAA Division I programs to have players in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in each of the last three seasons.
Armand will play for coaches Ben Moore, Dennis Koutoufas and Cherry Bekaert.
Student-athletes also in attendance will include Morehead State center Chad Posthumus, Arkansas-Little Rock forward Will Neighbour, Davidson forward De'Mon Brooks, Florida State forward Okaro White, Duke guard Andre Dawkins, San Diego State guard Xavier Thames and Tennessee State guard Patrick Miller.
For more information on the tournament visit ICGaels.com.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three