NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and former Section 1 standout Ray Rice was suspended for the first two games of the NFL season after a domestic incident between Rice and his now-wife in an Atlantic City casino, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice and his wife, Janay met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last month to discuss the incident. The three-time Pro Bowl running back was charged with felony aggravated assault, but was admitted into an intervention program that could result in the charge being dropped, the Baltimore Sun reported.
Rice will miss games against division rivals Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. He will also miss out on two game checks totaling $470,588, the Baltimore Sun said.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers Reopens After Fatal Crash
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust