NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and former Section 1 standout Ray Rice was suspended for the first two games of the NFL season after a domestic incident between Rice and his now-wife in an Atlantic City casino, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Rice and his wife, Janay met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last month to discuss the incident. The three-time Pro Bowl running back was charged with felony aggravated assault, but was admitted into an intervention program that could result in the charge being dropped, the Baltimore Sun reported.
Rice will miss games against division rivals Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. He will also miss out on two game checks totaling $470,588, the Baltimore Sun said.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 5 Snow Could Return To Yonkers For Monday Morning Commute