WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Brighton, N.Y.-based not-for-profit's efforts to bring back the Empire State Games has come up short, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
The Empire State Sports Foundation, filed papers to disband because the organization had become financially insolvent, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.
The Empire State Games were first held in 1978 at Syracuse University and were held in Westchester County in 2007. The games were disbanded in 2009 then again from 2011 to the present due to a lack of state funding.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers Reopens After Fatal Crash