WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Brighton, N.Y.-based not-for-profit's efforts to bring back the Empire State Games has come up short, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
The Empire State Sports Foundation, filed papers to disband because the organization had become financially insolvent, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.
The Empire State Games were first held in 1978 at Syracuse University and were held in Westchester County in 2007. The games were disbanded in 2009 then again from 2011 to the present due to a lack of state funding.
- 1 Serious Crash Reported On Saw Mill Parkway In Yonkers
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Yonkers Eateries Offer A Variety Of Specials For Super Bowl Sunday
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yonkers; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Police Search For Person Who May Have Jumped Into Hudson River