WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Brighton, N.Y.-based not-for-profit's efforts to bring back the Empire State Games has come up short, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
The Empire State Sports Foundation, filed papers to disband because the organization had become financially insolvent, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.
The Empire State Games were first held in 1978 at Syracuse University and were held in Westchester County in 2007. The games were disbanded in 2009 then again from 2011 to the present due to a lack of state funding.
- 1 Yonkers Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years