WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Brighton, N.Y.-based not-for-profit's efforts to bring back the Empire State Games has come up short, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
The Empire State Sports Foundation, filed papers to disband because the organization had become financially insolvent, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.
The Empire State Games were first held in 1978 at Syracuse University and were held in Westchester County in 2007. The games were disbanded in 2009 then again from 2011 to the present due to a lack of state funding.
- 1 Former Yonkers School Employee, Man Charged With Stealing $280K In Scam
- 2 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist
- 3 Coyote Sighting Causes School To Cut Short Recess In Yonkers
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others