WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Brighton, N.Y.-based not-for-profit's efforts to bring back the Empire State Games has come up short, according to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.
The Empire State Sports Foundation, filed papers to disband because the organization had become financially insolvent, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.
The Empire State Games were first held in 1978 at Syracuse University and were held in Westchester County in 2007. The games were disbanded in 2009 then again from 2011 to the present due to a lack of state funding.
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near Yonkers Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 Target, With Yonkers Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 3 Ten Yonkers Eateries To Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- 4 Yonkers Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Jackpot At Yonkers' Empire City Casino