YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers Superintendent of Schools Bernard Pierorazio has been present at many graduations this summer, including his own.
The 2011 New York State “Superintendent of the Year” received his honorary doctorate in pedagogy on May 18 from Manhattan College.
At the award ceremony, Brennan O’ Donnell, president of Manhattan College, said, “Superintendent Pierorazio’s accomplishments and contributions to his community are impressive. In honoring him, we also honor the teaching profession and all those who advocate for quality education as the foundation of our civil society.”
Pierorazio, who attended Yonkers public schools in his youth, said he looks forward to using his degree to help continue to impact Yonkers schools in a positive way.
"Not many people have the opportunity to dedicate their career to their passion but I, indeed, have been so lucky. I am honored to be recognized for my life’s work (…) To me, it not only represents what I have done in the last 40 years but is also predicated on my enduring commitment to education moving forward,” he said.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus
- 5 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect