YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Board of Education President Nader J. Sayegh recently announced the board is accepting applications for a library trustee.
The position has a five-year term that will begin immediately and will conclude on Dec. 31, 2019.
Trustees are responsible for the hiring of a library director, preparation and monitoring of the library budget and the development of personnel policies governing terms of employment, salary schedule and employee benefits according to the Taylor Law.
Applicants should evidence a strong interest in the library and the community, recognizing the library’s importance as a center of information, community culture, recreation and continuing education. Trustees serve without compensation.
Applications are available in the office of Beverly A. Jessamy, secretary to the Yonkers Board of Education, at 1 Larkin Center.
Deadline for application is Sunday, June 15.
Those interested in applying may contact the office at 376-8095.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers