YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Board of Education President Nader J. Sayegh recently announced the board is accepting applications for a library trustee.
The position has a five-year term that will begin immediately and will conclude on Dec. 31, 2019.
Trustees are responsible for the hiring of a library director, preparation and monitoring of the library budget and the development of personnel policies governing terms of employment, salary schedule and employee benefits according to the Taylor Law.
Applicants should evidence a strong interest in the library and the community, recognizing the library’s importance as a center of information, community culture, recreation and continuing education. Trustees serve without compensation.
Applications are available in the office of Beverly A. Jessamy, secretary to the Yonkers Board of Education, at 1 Larkin Center.
Deadline for application is Sunday, June 15.
Those interested in applying may contact the office at 376-8095.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns