YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers Board of Education President Nader J. Sayegh recently announced the board is accepting applications for a library trustee.
The position has a five-year term that will begin immediately and will conclude on Dec. 31, 2019.
Trustees are responsible for the hiring of a library director, preparation and monitoring of the library budget and the development of personnel policies governing terms of employment, salary schedule and employee benefits according to the Taylor Law.
Applicants should evidence a strong interest in the library and the community, recognizing the library’s importance as a center of information, community culture, recreation and continuing education. Trustees serve without compensation.
Applications are available in the office of Beverly A. Jessamy, secretary to the Yonkers Board of Education, at 1 Larkin Center.
Deadline for application is Sunday, June 15.
Those interested in applying may contact the office at 376-8095.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 5 Snow Could Return To Yonkers For Monday Morning Commute