YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Board of Education launched a website that will allow members of the community to sign up to speak at the monthly meetings.
The meeting on Aug. 20 will be the first to use the new technology. The online sign-up form will be available by clicking the Public Comment Sign-Up icon on the homepage of www.yonkerspublicschools.org beginning Monday, Aug. 18.
Previously, community members who wanted to participate in the Communications from the Community portion of the meeting were asked to sign-in with the board secretary prior to the 7 p.m. start.
Members of the Yonkers Council of PTAs/PTSAs shared with the board that some parents had expressed frustration over losing their chance to speak because they had arrived too late to sign up.
“It has been this Board’s ongoing mission to engage all of our stakeholders in a collaborative conversation about the District and the education of our students," Board of Education President Dr. Nader J. Sayeg said in a statement. "We want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to have their voices heard, and we believe this new resource will assist our community in accessing that opportunity.”
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 3 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 13 New Yonkers Police Officers Graduate From County Academy