YONKERS, N.Y. -- Thousands of students in the Yonkers School District could be stranded as Mile Square Bus Company employees are set to go on strike, according to a report from News 12.
Yonkers School District representatives said 6,000 students would be affected by the strike, according to the report. Employees of Mile Square Bus Company could go on strike as early as Monday, May 19. The school district previously sent a letter warning that there would be no bus service, according to the report.
"The strike is between bus drivers and the company's owner. Union leaders say almost 600 employees have not had a contract in almost five years and are asking the company for a raise, claiming the owner has refused to do so," according to the report from News 12.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute