YONKERS, N.Y. -- Thousands of students in the Yonkers School District could be stranded as Mile Square Bus Company employees are set to go on strike, according to a report from News 12.
Yonkers School District representatives said 6,000 students would be affected by the strike, according to the report. Employees of Mile Square Bus Company could go on strike as early as Monday, May 19. The school district previously sent a letter warning that there would be no bus service, according to the report.
"The strike is between bus drivers and the company's owner. Union leaders say almost 600 employees have not had a contract in almost five years and are asking the company for a raise, claiming the owner has refused to do so," according to the report from News 12.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime