YONKERS, N.Y. -- Thousands of students in the Yonkers School District could be stranded as Mile Square Bus Company employees are set to go on strike, according to a report from News 12.
Yonkers School District representatives said 6,000 students would be affected by the strike, according to the report. Employees of Mile Square Bus Company could go on strike as early as Monday, May 19. The school district previously sent a letter warning that there would be no bus service, according to the report.
"The strike is between bus drivers and the company's owner. Union leaders say almost 600 employees have not had a contract in almost five years and are asking the company for a raise, claiming the owner has refused to do so," according to the report from News 12.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies
- 5 Man, 40, Found Dead In Wooded Area In Yonkers