YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
A Yonkers public school student who graduates from high school will spend more than 10,000 hours with his or her teachers. In fact, students spend more time with teachers than almost anyone else they’ll encounter for the rest of their lives. That’s why nearly everyone has a story about a great teacher who helped shape the course of their life.
I truly believe teaching is the most important profession in our society. But too often, they’re our city’s unsung heroes. This year, to pay tribute to Yonkers’ teachers, we are once again recognizing three teachers as Yonkers Teachers of the Year -- one each from the elementary level, middle school level and high school level.
I’m asking for your help in selecting our Teachers of the Year. Please nominate an outstanding teacher who has made a difference in your son's or daughter’s life, a member of your staff or a colleague who is going above and beyond in the classroom and out.
Mayor Mike Spano
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River