YONKERS, N.Y. – The Yonkers Board of Education has named Michael Yazurlo as new superintendent of schools.
Yazurlo’s two-year contract will be effective May 22. He has served as the district’s interim superintendent since February 19 of this year.
Yazurlo was born in Yonkers and was a student of the Yonkers Public Schools, where he also served as a teacher and administrator. He served as superintendent of Tuckahoe Union Free School for 13 years and was an Associate Professor of Graduate Education at the College of Saint Rose and SUNY Stony Brook.
“As interim superintendent, Dr. Yazurlo has performed exceptionally during this challenging transitional period,” said Board President Nader J. Sayegh. “We have no doubt his leadership and educational expertise will assist our schools in moving forward and advance the district’s mission to provide thriving educational environments where all students achieve.”
Yazurlo received a Bachelor of Science from New York Institute of Technology and both a Master of Science and Doctor of Education from Fordham University.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm