TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – What do you think the new Tappan Zee Bridge should look like?
State officials released the details of three bridge designs on Wednesday. The New York State Thruway Authority will make the final decision Dec. 17.
The bridge selection committee is recommending Proposal No. 1, which would cost $3.142 billion and take five years and three months to build. The design would include the dredging of about 951,000 cubic yards of river bottom.
Proposal No. 2 would cost $3.990 billion. Construction would take about six years and would include the dredging of about 1.8 million cubic yards of soil.
Proposal No. 3 would cost $4.059 billion and take about six years to build. Dredging would include about 1.55 million cubic yards of river bottom.
- 1 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Car Crashes Into Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Yonkers Woman Accused Of Illegally Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield