YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman with illegally collecting unemployment on Saturday, Aug. 30, officials said.
Victoria Bennett, 33, allegedly collected more than $20,000 in unemployment while she was gainfully employed, according to state police.
Bennett was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and third-degree grand larceny. She is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Wednesday, Sept. 17, authorities said.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Big City Medical Care Now Available In Smalltown Bronxville
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach