YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman with illegally collecting unemployment on Saturday, Aug. 30, officials said.
Victoria Bennett, 33, allegedly collected more than $20,000 in unemployment while she was gainfully employed, according to state police.
Bennett was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and third-degree grand larceny. She is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Wednesday, Sept. 17, authorities said.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show