YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman with illegally collecting unemployment on Saturday, Aug. 30, officials said.
Victoria Bennett, 33, allegedly collected more than $20,000 in unemployment while she was gainfully employed, according to state police.
Bennett was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and third-degree grand larceny. She is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Wednesday, Sept. 17, authorities said.
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Yonkers Man Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Yonkers Skies Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Saw Mill River Parkway Reopens After Multi-Car Crash