YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman with illegally collecting unemployment on Saturday, Aug. 30, officials said.
Victoria Bennett, 33, allegedly collected more than $20,000 in unemployment while she was gainfully employed, according to state police.
Bennett was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and third-degree grand larceny. She is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Wednesday, Sept. 17, authorities said.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 4 Greenburgh Cop Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester