YONKERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yonkers woman with illegally collecting unemployment on Saturday, Aug. 30, officials said.
Victoria Bennett, 33, allegedly collected more than $20,000 in unemployment while she was gainfully employed, according to state police.
Bennett was charged with first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and third-degree grand larceny. She is scheduled to appear in City of Yonkers Court on Wednesday, Sept. 17, authorities said.
- 1 Car Crashes Into Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Yonkers Woman Accused Of Illegally Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Community Stunned, Saddened By Murder-Suicide Tragedy In Harrison