YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police department is warning residents of an online scam involving e-mails sent in relation to a "delinquent" bill from Verizon.
The emails direct potential victims to make payments online to avoid disruption in service. Fraudsters will also place phone calls demanding payment.
Verizon is notifying its customers that delinquent notices are sent out via US mail, not e-mails.
The YPD is asking residents to call the non-emergency number at 914-377-7900 with any questions.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 5 Snow Could Return To Yonkers For Monday Morning Commute