YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police department is warning residents of an online scam involving e-mails sent in relation to a "delinquent" bill from Verizon.
The emails direct potential victims to make payments online to avoid disruption in service. Fraudsters will also place phone calls demanding payment.
Verizon is notifying its customers that delinquent notices are sent out via US mail, not e-mails.
The YPD is asking residents to call the non-emergency number at 914-377-7900 with any questions.
- 1 Police Investigating Robbery At Yonkers Restaurant
- 2 Sex Offenders Live Near Yonkers Pre-K's, Report Says
- 3 Target, With Yonkers Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 4 Yonkers Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Jackpot At Yonkers' Empire City Casino