YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police department is warning residents of an online scam involving e-mails sent in relation to a "delinquent" bill from Verizon.
The emails direct potential victims to make payments online to avoid disruption in service. Fraudsters will also place phone calls demanding payment.
Verizon is notifying its customers that delinquent notices are sent out via US mail, not e-mails.
The YPD is asking residents to call the non-emergency number at 914-377-7900 with any questions.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 3 Greenburgh Officer Relieved Of Duty For Posting Racist Photo On Facebook
- 4 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train