YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police department is warning residents of an online scam involving e-mails sent in relation to a "delinquent" bill from Verizon.
The emails direct potential victims to make payments online to avoid disruption in service. Fraudsters will also place phone calls demanding payment.
Verizon is notifying its customers that delinquent notices are sent out via US mail, not e-mails.
The YPD is asking residents to call the non-emergency number at 914-377-7900 with any questions.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 5 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents