YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Police department is warning residents of an online scam involving e-mails sent in relation to a "delinquent" bill from Verizon.
The emails direct potential victims to make payments online to avoid disruption in service. Fraudsters will also place phone calls demanding payment.
Verizon is notifying its customers that delinquent notices are sent out via US mail, not e-mails.
The YPD is asking residents to call the non-emergency number at 914-377-7900 with any questions.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Big City Medical Care Now Available In Smalltown Bronxville
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach