YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are searching for whoever shot two Yonkers residents early Sunday morning, seemingly at random.
Police responded at 1:25 a.m. to reports of shots fired at 119 Ludlow St., where they found a 21-year-old female with a gunshot wound to her right arm, officials said.
According to officials, she was then transported to a local trauma center and was being treated when a second victim, a 19-year-old male, showed up with a gunshot wound in his left shoulder.
Both victims are expected to survive their injuries.
Yonkers police spokesman Detective Lt. Patrick McCormack said the circumstances of the shooting are continuing to be investigated, but there is no evident cause or motive.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says