YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers and New York City police are teaming up after a string of night-time burglaries in the Riverdale section of the Bronx and southwest Yonkers.
New York City’s 50th Precinct has been coordinating with the Yonkers Police Department after four reported incidents in North Riverdale and three in Yonkers from March 14 to 21, according to the Riverdale Press.
New York City police said they believe the incidents are related because all occurred after midnight while the residents were asleep, according to the report.
In one instance, a stolen laptop equipped with LoJack theft prevention software led the NYPD to a Yonkers man, the report said. When officers found the man, he told police he bought the laptop from two men on South Broadway.
In a community alert in late March, Yonkers police said they increased patrols in the area in response to “several night-time burglaries."
On March 22, Yonkers police offered a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the southwest Yonkers break-ins.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Yonkers Police Department’s non-emergency phone number at 914-377-7900.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 State Police Warn Yonkers Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute