YONKERS, N.Y. -- The final police report issued in the fatal crash at a Yonkers carnival that killed a 15-year-old girl stated the driver was pressing the accelerator instead of the brake, according to LoHud.com.
Roseanne Piccirilli told police that her vehicle was helplessly out of control when she ran into a group of people and killed Kalie Gill. Police concluded that human error was at fault, coupled with a malfunction with the vehicle's brake interlock system that normally requires the brake pedal to be depressed before the car can be shifted out of park, LoHud.com reported.
The crash was ultimately ruled an accident, and Piccirilli was cleared of any wrongdoing, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Two 22-Year-Olds In Yonkers, Authorities Say
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Yonkers
- 3 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Yonkers Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting