YONKERS, N.Y. -- The final police report issued in the fatal crash at a Yonkers carnival that killed a 15-year-old girl stated the driver was pressing the accelerator instead of the brake, according to LoHud.com.
Roseanne Piccirilli told police that her vehicle was helplessly out of control when she ran into a group of people and killed Kalie Gill. Police concluded that human error was at fault, coupled with a malfunction with the vehicle's brake interlock system that normally requires the brake pedal to be depressed before the car can be shifted out of park, LoHud.com reported.
The crash was ultimately ruled an accident, and Piccirilli was cleared of any wrongdoing, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs Ridge Hill Mall In Yonkers
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Yonkers Begins Process Of Daylighting Saw Mill River