YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are continuing to investigate a peculiar incident that occurred on Friday being labeled as an attempted robbery.
Police responded to the garage of the Monarch condominiums at Ridge Hill at 7:11 a.m., where an unidentified man reported he had been pistol whipped by three men, who then proceeded to take his car, according to officials.
However, when police arrived on the scene, the victim's Land Rover was parked in its original spot.
The victim did have bruising in the head area, but refused medical attention.
After the initial investigation, police are not sure if the car was moved.
"It may have been a similar car leaving the area, but we've impounded the car as evidence for further investigation," Yonkers police spokesman Lt. Patrick McCormack said.
McCormack said they will be reviewing the garage's security camera footage for further clues.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
- 1 Driver Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash In Yonkers ID'd
- 2 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 3 Yonkers Church Holds Final Mass Before Closure
- 4 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon