YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers man was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison on Tuesday, June 10, after pleading guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Mario Garcia-Sura, 49, was operating his 2001 black Ford Mustang convertible along Riverdale Avenue while he was intoxicated in October. Garcia-Sura collided with a vehicle driven by 19-year-old Sreeraj Chandran, who later died as a result of his injuries, the District Attorney's Office said.
Garcia-Sura pleaded guilty to the charges in April and will spend anywhere between five and 15 years in prison.
- 1 Ten Yonkers Eateries To Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- 2 Target, With Yonkers Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 3 Yonkers Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Jackpot At Yonkers' Empire City Casino
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Yonkers