YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers man was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison on Tuesday, June 10, after pleading guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated, according to Westchester District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Mario Garcia-Sura, 49, was operating his 2001 black Ford Mustang convertible along Riverdale Avenue while he was intoxicated in October. Garcia-Sura collided with a vehicle driven by 19-year-old Sreeraj Chandran, who later died as a result of his injuries, the District Attorney's Office said.
Garcia-Sura pleaded guilty to the charges in April and will spend anywhere between five and 15 years in prison.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns