YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 33-year-old man was killed after colliding with an sport utility vehicle while riding a motorcycle in Yonkers on Tuesday night, Aug. 5, according to police.
The accident occurred at 11:58 p.m. at the corner of Culver Street and Riverdale Avenue when a 2011 Nissan truck heading east on Culver, driven by a Bronx resident, collided with a 2013 Yamaha scooter driven by a 33-year-old male Yonkers resident.
The motorcyclist, who remains unidentified as police wait to notify next of kin, was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to police, initial reports show the motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The motorist involved stopped and fully cooperated with police, and will mostly likely not face any charges, police said.
The investigation is active and ongoing.
Joe Jenkins contributed to this report.
- 1 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Former Yonkers Narcotics Officer Sentenced In Perjury Case
- 5 Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges In Yonkers Attack With Car