YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 33-year-old man was killed after colliding with an sport utility vehicle while riding a motorcycle in Yonkers on Tuesday night, Aug. 5, according to police.
The accident occurred at 11:58 p.m. at the corner of Culver Street and Riverdale Avenue when a 2011 Nissan truck heading east on Culver, driven by a Bronx resident, collided with a 2013 Yamaha scooter driven by a 33-year-old male Yonkers resident.
The motorcyclist, who remains unidentified as police wait to notify next of kin, was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to police, initial reports show the motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
The motorist involved stopped and fully cooperated with police, and will mostly likely not face any charges, police said.
The investigation is active and ongoing.
Joe Jenkins contributed to this report.
- 1 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 2 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI