YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers resident Louis Crespo, 30, and Michael Figueroa, 28, of the Bronx, were arrested after police reportedly found three pounds of marijuana and 800 grams of cocaine in their vehicle, officials said.
State police stopped the vehicle for allegedly traveling more than 75 miles per hour on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Greenburgh. Subsequent to further investigation, a K-9 unit was called in and alerted police to drugs within the vehicle, the release said.
After impounding the vehicle and obtaining a search warrant, the drugs were discovered in two hidden compartments located at the rear passenger and drivers side panels, according to police.
The two men have been charged with first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminal possession of marihuana, both felonies.
They are being held at Westchester County Jail without bail, police said.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm