YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers resident Louis Crespo, 30, and Michael Figueroa, 28, of the Bronx, were arrested after police reportedly found three pounds of marijuana and 800 grams of cocaine in their vehicle, officials said.
State police stopped the vehicle for allegedly traveling more than 75 miles per hour on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Greenburgh. Subsequent to further investigation, a K-9 unit was called in and alerted police to drugs within the vehicle, the release said.
After impounding the vehicle and obtaining a search warrant, the drugs were discovered in two hidden compartments located at the rear passenger and drivers side panels, according to police.
The two men have been charged with first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminal possession of marihuana, both felonies.
They are being held at Westchester County Jail without bail, police said.
- 1 Ten Yonkers Eateries To Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- 2 Target, With Yonkers Location, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 3 Yonkers Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Jackpot At Yonkers' Empire City Casino
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Yonkers