YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was shot and killed on the streets of the Bronx Wednesday, News 12 reported.
Lamont Smith, 45, was killed around 9 a.m. on Schieffelin Avenue and 229th Street, the report said. Police said a suspect jumped out of a U-Haul truck and fired two shots at Smith. One of the shots struck him in the head and killed him. The suspect then got back into the U-Haul, but returned to Smith and shot him a few more times before fleeing the scene, News 12 reported.
A suspect – whose identity has not been released – is in custody, according to the report.
- 1 Former Yonkers School Employee, Man Charged With Stealing $280K In Scam
- 2 Couple Killed In Overnight Fire In Yonkers Believed To Be Composer, Pianist
- 3 Coyote Sighting Causes School To Cut Short Recess In Yonkers
- 4 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 5 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others