YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was shot and killed on the streets of the Bronx Wednesday, News 12 reported.
Lamont Smith, 45, was killed around 9 a.m. on Schieffelin Avenue and 229th Street, the report said. Police said a suspect jumped out of a U-Haul truck and fired two shots at Smith. One of the shots struck him in the head and killed him. The suspect then got back into the U-Haul, but returned to Smith and shot him a few more times before fleeing the scene, News 12 reported.
A suspect – whose identity has not been released – is in custody, according to the report.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Yonkers Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash ID'd
- 2 Yonkers Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yonkers