YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was shot and killed on the streets of the Bronx Wednesday, News 12 reported.
Lamont Smith, 45, was killed around 9 a.m. on Schieffelin Avenue and 229th Street, the report said. Police said a suspect jumped out of a U-Haul truck and fired two shots at Smith. One of the shots struck him in the head and killed him. The suspect then got back into the U-Haul, but returned to Smith and shot him a few more times before fleeing the scene, News 12 reported.
A suspect – whose identity has not been released – is in custody, according to the report.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect
- 3 Yonkers Police Department Uses Facebook To ID Non-Verbal Woman
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Police Investigate Two Overnight Shootings In Yonkers; Man Hospitalized