YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was shot and killed on the streets of the Bronx Wednesday, News 12 reported.
Lamont Smith, 45, was killed around 9 a.m. on Schieffelin Avenue and 229th Street, the report said. Police said a suspect jumped out of a U-Haul truck and fired two shots at Smith. One of the shots struck him in the head and killed him. The suspect then got back into the U-Haul, but returned to Smith and shot him a few more times before fleeing the scene, News 12 reported.
A suspect – whose identity has not been released – is in custody, according to the report.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three