YONKERS, N.Y. -- Firefighters extinguished a smoldering fire at C.H. Martin’s Department Store in Yonkers early Tuesday morning, according to News 12.
Officials say the store owners found smoke in the store at 2 Palisades Ave. in Getty Square about 6:45 a.m., according to News 12.
Fire crews put out the smolder quickly after arriving on the scene. It is believed that a fire spread through the second floor as a result of a faulty sign leading to an electrical fire, though officials say the store could reopen as the damage was slight and there were no injuries reported, according to News 12.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.