YONKERS, N.Y. -- Several Yonkers firefighters were slightly injured Friday working to put out a blaze at a local carwash, according to a report by News12.
The early morning fire at Billy’s Hand Car Wash & Detailing Center on Nepperhan Avenue was likely caused by a space heater, fire officials told News12.
Firefighters had to break through a fence and steel doors to get to the building, the News12 story said.
The fire was put out in less than half an hour, but several cars parked there were damaged by heat, according to the News12 report.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.