YONKERS, N.Y. -- The Yonkers Fire Department battled a blaze Friday afternoon at 114 Maple St.
The Fire Department was dispatched to the building to extinguish a one-alarm fire in the top apartment that appears to have started from a long extension cord that powered an electric heater.
Two families were living in the four-story, six-family building and will need to be relocated following the fire.
There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.