YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers police were working to piece together a hit-and-run accident Sunday that left a woman with serious injuries.
Police responded to the call of an accident in front of a home at 342 Prescott St., in the Nodine Hill neighborhood, at 2:29 p.m.
A male driver had fled the scene while a female was taken to Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx with serious, but not life threatening, injuries, police said. Further information was not immediately available.
Just after 3 p.m., police were working to clear the scene as a crumpled red car was being loaded onto the back of a tow truck while a portion of the street was blocked off with yellow tape.
Check back later with The Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm