YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers police were working to piece together a hit-and-run accident Sunday that left a woman with serious injuries.
Police responded to the call of an accident in front of a home at 342 Prescott St., in the Nodine Hill neighborhood, at 2:29 p.m.
A male driver had fled the scene while a female was taken to Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx with serious, but not life threatening, injuries, police said. Further information was not immediately available.
Just after 3 p.m., police were working to clear the scene as a crumpled red car was being loaded onto the back of a tow truck while a portion of the street was blocked off with yellow tape.
Check back later with The Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 3 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer