YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers police were working to piece together a hit-and-run accident Sunday that left a woman with serious injuries.
Police responded to the call of an accident in front of a home at 342 Prescott St., in the Nodine Hill neighborhood, at 2:29 p.m.
A male driver had fled the scene while a female was taken to Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx with serious, but not life threatening, injuries, police said. Further information was not immediately available.
Just after 3 p.m., police were working to clear the scene as a crumpled red car was being loaded onto the back of a tow truck while a portion of the street was blocked off with yellow tape.
Check back later with The Daily Voice for more information.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Principal At St. Eugene's In Yonkers Resigns