RYE BROOK, N.Y. – A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
Jason Flemming, 31, of Lockport, N.Y., was taking his handgun out of his suitcase around 1 p.m. Saturday when it discharged, going through the hotel room wall and into the next room. It hit the victim in the leg, but his injury was minor because the wall slowed the bullet.
Flemming was arraigned on the charge of first-degree reckless endangerment, a felony. He posted $1,000 bail and is due back in Rye Town Court Sept. 3.
“He refused medical treatment and received a bruise,” Austin said. “They were both there for different weddings.”
Austin said the two did not know each other.
The victim remained at the hotel and attended the wedding he was there for.
- 1 Off-Duty Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued