YONKERS, N.Y. -- Two Yonkers firefighters were injured while extinguishing a residential fire on Wednesday, June 11, according to News 12 Westchester.
Investigators believe the fire started in a second-floor bedroom, but that the elderly woman that owns the home wasn't there when the fire broke out, News 12 Westchester reported.
One of the firefighters suffered a knee injury while the other injured his back. Both are expected to recover, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Former Concordia College Assistant Basketball Coach ID'd In Fatal Crash
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Eight Displaced As Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home