YONKERS, N.Y. -- Two Yonkers firefighters were injured while extinguishing a residential fire on Wednesday, June 11, according to News 12 Westchester.
Investigators believe the fire started in a second-floor bedroom, but that the elderly woman that owns the home wasn't there when the fire broke out, News 12 Westchester reported.
One of the firefighters suffered a knee injury while the other injured his back. Both are expected to recover, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 Woman Hit By Van On Central Avenue In Yonkers
- 5 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus