YONKERS, N.Y. -- Two Yonkers firefighters were injured while extinguishing a residential fire on Wednesday, June 11, according to News 12 Westchester.
Investigators believe the fire started in a second-floor bedroom, but that the elderly woman that owns the home wasn't there when the fire broke out, News 12 Westchester reported.
One of the firefighters suffered a knee injury while the other injured his back. Both are expected to recover, News 12 Westchester said.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime