YONKERS, N.Y. – Three Westchester men were charged with murder in connection with the stabbing death of a 49-year-old Yonkers man over the weekend.
Adam Kirkland, 21, and Eric Chappelle, 20, both of Mount Vernon, as well as Keith Thigpen, 20, of Tarrytown, were charged Monday in connection with the Saturday night killing of Henry DiMatteo outside his northeast Yonkers home.
All three were scheduled to appear in Yonkers Criminal Court on Monday.
At roughly 7:32 p.m. Saturday, police responded to 6 Winnebago Road after reports of a man lying in the street. Officers found DiMatteo with serious stab wounds to his chest and arms, police said.
Officers began CPR and DiMatteo was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meanwhile, police began canvassing the street after receiving information that three suspects had fled on foot, police said. An officer in the First Precinct found the men near McIntyre Street and Gard Avenue before they were taken into custody.
The trio were held over the weekend at the Yonkers Police Department before being charged Monday morning.
Police have yet to release a motive for the killing, but said they have information which leads them to believe it was not a random incident.
- 1 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 2 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd
- 3 Yonkers Psychologist Faces Charges In Husband's Shooting
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers