YONKERS, N.Y. – Three Westchester men were charged with murder in connection with the stabbing death of a 49-year-old Yonkers man over the weekend.
Adam Kirkland, 21, and Eric Chappelle, 20, both of Mount Vernon, as well as Keith Thigpen, 20, of Tarrytown, were charged Monday in connection with the Saturday night killing of Henry DiMatteo outside his northeast Yonkers home.
All three were scheduled to appear in Yonkers Criminal Court on Monday.
At roughly 7:32 p.m. Saturday, police responded to 6 Winnebago Road after reports of a man lying in the street. Officers found DiMatteo with serious stab wounds to his chest and arms, police said.
Officers began CPR and DiMatteo was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meanwhile, police began canvassing the street after receiving information that three suspects had fled on foot, police said. An officer in the First Precinct found the men near McIntyre Street and Gard Avenue before they were taken into custody.
The trio were held over the weekend at the Yonkers Police Department before being charged Monday morning.
Police have yet to release a motive for the killing, but said they have information which leads them to believe it was not a random incident.
- 1 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Yonkers Crash Involving Car, Tractor-Trailer
- 5 Yonkers Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, DA Says