YONKERS, N.Y. – Three firefighters were injured Friday night after a dryer caught fire in an apartment, LoHud reported.
The apartment is off Tuckahoe Road, but its address is 72 Shawnee Road, so firefighters had to snake at least 500 feet of hose lines through the complex to reach the apartment, Deputy Fire Chief Thomas Fitzpatrick said.
The couple were evacuated and spent the night with relatives, Fitzpatrick said, but would likely be able to return home within a night or two.
To read the full report, click here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.