PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Department charged a Yonkers man with driving while intoxicated after he allegedly drove through a fence and over a rock wall in Patterson on Saturday, July 26, officials said.
William M. Wafford, 20, was found at the scene of the accident on Lake Shore Drive and allegedly admitted to having been drinking prior to the accident. Wafford allegedly failed subsequent field sobriety tests, according to the Sheriff's Department.
If Wafford is found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- 1 Tuckahoe, Yonkers Teens Face Judge In Mall Attack Case
- 2 Reward Offered For Suspect Yonkers Police Say Is Member Of Violent Gang
- 3 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 4 Yonkers Teen Charged In Mall Hate Crime Case
- 5 Hate Crime Charges After Attacks In Yonkers Mall Tops Week’s News