PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Department charged a Yonkers man with driving while intoxicated after he allegedly drove through a fence and over a rock wall in Patterson on Saturday, July 26, officials said.
William M. Wafford, 20, was found at the scene of the accident on Lake Shore Drive and allegedly admitted to having been drinking prior to the accident. Wafford allegedly failed subsequent field sobriety tests, according to the Sheriff's Department.
If Wafford is found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Yonkers Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Members Of Yonkers Gang Charged With Murder, Other Felonies
- 5 Man, 40, Found Dead In Wooded Area In Yonkers