PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Department charged a Yonkers man with driving while intoxicated after he allegedly drove through a fence and over a rock wall in Patterson on Saturday, July 26, officials said.
William M. Wafford, 20, was found at the scene of the accident on Lake Shore Drive and allegedly admitted to having been drinking prior to the accident. Wafford allegedly failed subsequent field sobriety tests, according to the Sheriff's Department.
If Wafford is found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers
- 5 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime