PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Department charged a Yonkers man with driving while intoxicated after he allegedly drove through a fence and over a rock wall in Patterson on Saturday, July 26, officials said.
William M. Wafford, 20, was found at the scene of the accident on Lake Shore Drive and allegedly admitted to having been drinking prior to the accident. Wafford allegedly failed subsequent field sobriety tests, according to the Sheriff's Department.
If Wafford is found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 3 X-Planations: Yonkers' Chef Peter X. Kelly Shares His Pizza Picks
- 4 10 Hospitalized After Yonkers Accident Involving Fire Engine, Shuttle Bus
- 5 Police Search For Yonkers Bank Robbery Suspect