PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Department charged a Yonkers man with driving while intoxicated after he allegedly drove through a fence and over a rock wall in Patterson on Saturday, July 26, officials said.
William M. Wafford, 20, was found at the scene of the accident on Lake Shore Drive and allegedly admitted to having been drinking prior to the accident. Wafford allegedly failed subsequent field sobriety tests, according to the Sheriff's Department.
If Wafford is found guilty of the misdemeanor charge, he could face up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- 1 Off-Duty Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued