YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers police said they are investigating a suspicious package found Thursday morning at the Cross County Shopping Center.
The Westchester County Police Bomb Squad and Yonkers police responded to the shopping center shortly before 9 a.m. and determined the brick-sized bundle was not explosive, police said.
The actual contents of the package, however, remained unknown early Thursday afternoon. As of 1:30 p.m., a small section of road between Macy’s and Forever 21 remained closed as police, the Yonkers Emergency Services Unit and the Yonkers Fire Department were on scene.
The mall remained open throughout the incident. Aside from slowed traffic in parts of the complex, shoppers remained largely unaffected.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Yonkers Mayor Spano Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm