YONKERS, N.Y. – Yonkers police said they are investigating a suspicious package found Thursday morning at the Cross County Shopping Center.
The Westchester County Police Bomb Squad and Yonkers police responded to the shopping center shortly before 9 a.m. and determined the brick-sized bundle was not explosive, police said.
The actual contents of the package, however, remained unknown early Thursday afternoon. As of 1:30 p.m., a small section of road between Macy’s and Forever 21 remained closed as police, the Yonkers Emergency Services Unit and the Yonkers Fire Department were on scene.
The mall remained open throughout the incident. Aside from slowed traffic in parts of the complex, shoppers remained largely unaffected.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three