Update 7 p.m. Friday: YONKERS, N.Y. -- A motorcyclist was killed in a crash late Friday afternoon that had closed the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers, the Westchester County Police confirmed.
The parkway, which has been closed in both directions since the 5 p.m. accident, was expected to be reopened between 8 and 9 p.m. Friday.
Police did not disclose the name of the motorcyclist.
Original story: YONKERS, N.Y. - The Saw Mill River Parkway was closed in both directions in Yonkers early Friday evening after what appeared to be a fatal motorcycle accident.
Police had all lanes of the parkway closed at about 5 p.m. before the Executive Boulevard exit to the Palmer Road exit.
Westchester County Police said the accident happened at 4:20 p.m. and was still under investigation. Police asked motorists traveling south to exit onto I-87 and those heading north were asked to exit at the Cross County Parkway and take either the Sprain or I-87.
Emergency personnel from various departments were on the scene.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers