Update 7 p.m. Friday: YONKERS, N.Y. -- A motorcyclist was killed in a crash late Friday afternoon that had closed the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers, the Westchester County Police confirmed.
The parkway, which has been closed in both directions since the 5 p.m. accident, was expected to be reopened between 8 and 9 p.m. Friday.
Police did not disclose the name of the motorcyclist.
Original story: YONKERS, N.Y. - The Saw Mill River Parkway was closed in both directions in Yonkers early Friday evening after what appeared to be a fatal motorcycle accident.
Police had all lanes of the parkway closed at about 5 p.m. before the Executive Boulevard exit to the Palmer Road exit.
Westchester County Police said the accident happened at 4:20 p.m. and was still under investigation. Police asked motorists traveling south to exit onto I-87 and those heading north were asked to exit at the Cross County Parkway and take either the Sprain or I-87.
Emergency personnel from various departments were on the scene.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway