Update 7 p.m. Friday: YONKERS, N.Y. -- A motorcyclist was killed in a crash late Friday afternoon that had closed the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers, the Westchester County Police confirmed.
The parkway, which has been closed in both directions since the 5 p.m. accident, was expected to be reopened between 8 and 9 p.m. Friday.
Police did not disclose the name of the motorcyclist.
Original story: YONKERS, N.Y. - The Saw Mill River Parkway was closed in both directions in Yonkers early Friday evening after what appeared to be a fatal motorcycle accident.
Police had all lanes of the parkway closed at about 5 p.m. before the Executive Boulevard exit to the Palmer Road exit.
Westchester County Police said the accident happened at 4:20 p.m. and was still under investigation. Police asked motorists traveling south to exit onto I-87 and those heading north were asked to exit at the Cross County Parkway and take either the Sprain or I-87.
Emergency personnel from various departments were on the scene.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed