YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are investigating a shooting on Thursday afternoon that left one man with a stomach wound -- and may have been accidental.
According to police officials, numerous YPD units responded to the scene at 7 Jones Place off Ashburton Avenue around 3 p.m.
There, officers located an adult male with a gunshot wound in his stomach.
Officials say the man was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive his injuries.
The initial investigation indicates the man may have been accidentally shot from a round fired in an upstairs apartment, according to officials.
The residence was evacuated temporarily. A rifle was recovered from the scene.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
- 1 Off-Duty Cop Shot By Yonkers Police
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yonkers, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Yonkers Schools Announce Monday Early Dismissal
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yonkers; Blizzard Warning Issued