YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are investigating a shooting on Thursday afternoon that left one man with a stomach wound -- and may have been accidental.
According to police officials, numerous YPD units responded to the scene at 7 Jones Place off Ashburton Avenue around 3 p.m.
There, officers located an adult male with a gunshot wound in his stomach.
Officials say the man was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive his injuries.
The initial investigation indicates the man may have been accidentally shot from a round fired in an upstairs apartment, according to officials.
The residence was evacuated temporarily. A rifle was recovered from the scene.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724.
- 1 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting
- 2 Patient Being Tested For Ebola, Malaria At St. Joseph's In Yonkers
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three