YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police have arrested Israel A. Acuna, a Yonkers resident, for illegal dumping in O'Boyle Park after an investigation was conducted on Friday, July 18.
According to police the suspect was observed as he removed six large tires, some with rims, on them from a white Isuzu box type truck. The suspect, Acuna, then threw these tires into the park and left the area, according to police.
Police say the white Isuzu box truck that was used to commit this illegal dumping was impounded as part of the investigation and was not owned by suspect Israel A. Acuna.
The Yonkers Police Department reminds residents that dumping of most types of materials in the City of Yonkers is prohibited under City Code 91-38. Any person violating this section of the Yonkers City Code upon conviction shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. The fines for this offense can range from not less than $1,000 up to $250,000. Vehicles utilized for the purpose of illegal dumping will be impounded and under certain conditions may be seized by the city of Yonkers.
Any person that witnesses illegal dumping should contact the Yonkers Police Department at 914-377-7900 or 914-377-DUMP (3867). All calls will remain confidential.
- 1 Three-Alarm Blaze Rips Through Yonkers Home, Displacing Eight Residents
- 2 Yonkers Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, DA Says
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash In Yonkers
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway In Yonkers Reopens After Fatal Crash