HASTINGS, N.Y. – Hastings police are still investigating a fatal car accident on Warburton Avenue that killed a 39-year-old Bronx man.
Mario Moreno was working outside RiverView Catering on Friday when he was struck by a car that crashed through a fence, then went over an 80-foot embankment and landed near the Metro North railroad track. Police have not determined what caused the crash.
“Nothing has been ruled out because everything is still under investigation,” Sgt. Andy Hayden said in a statement on Friday night. “Speed is a part of the investigation.”
Police were unavailable on Saturday.
Moreno had worked for RiverView for 15 years and was preparing the catering hall for a party when he was struck.
Police have not identified the driver, but said no charges are being filed at this time. Officials said the driver was able to get out of his car safely after the crash and climb back up the embankment.
- 1 Woman Charged In Fatal Yonkers Hit-And-Run
- 2 Two Yonkers Police Officers Plead Guilty To Perjury, Misconduct
- 3 Teenage Girl Accidentally Shot While Playing With Gun, Yonkers Police Says
- 4 Yonkers Fatal Hit-And-Run May Have Been Intentional, Police Say
- 5 Yonkers Man Killed In Accident At Hotel Construction Site In NYC