Contact Us
Yonkers Daily Voice serves Yonkers, NY
Yonkers Daily Voice serves Yonkers, NY

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Four Yonkers Residents Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Photo Credit: File

YONKERS, N.Y. -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Yonkers home sent four people to the hospital on Monday morning, according to

Fire officials responded to a call at 4 a.m. that a woman living in the home on Porach Street was having trouble breathing. Officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the four residents' blood and took them to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, reported.

Officials said a motor within the building's boiler shorted out and caused the carbon monoxide to be vented into the home, said.

Click here to read the full story.

Welcome to

Yonkers Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.