YONKERS, N.Y. -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Yonkers home sent four people to the hospital on Monday morning, according to LoHud.com.
Fire officials responded to a call at 4 a.m. that a woman living in the home on Porach Street was having trouble breathing. Officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the four residents' blood and took them to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, LoHud.com reported.
Officials said a motor within the building's boiler shorted out and caused the carbon monoxide to be vented into the home, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Fire Displaces Five Families, Kills Four Cats In Yonkers
- 2 Yonkers Gas Station Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Snow Could Return To Yonkers For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed