YONKERS, N.Y. -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Yonkers home sent four people to the hospital on Monday morning, according to LoHud.com.
Fire officials responded to a call at 4 a.m. that a woman living in the home on Porach Street was having trouble breathing. Officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the four residents' blood and took them to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, LoHud.com reported.
Officials said a motor within the building's boiler shorted out and caused the carbon monoxide to be vented into the home, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Driver Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash In Yonkers ID'd
- 2 Man Charged In Homicide Of Yonkers 22-Year-Old
- 3 Yonkers Church Holds Final Mass Before Closure
- 4 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon