YONKERS, N.Y. -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Yonkers home sent four people to the hospital on Monday morning, according to LoHud.com.
Fire officials responded to a call at 4 a.m. that a woman living in the home on Porach Street was having trouble breathing. Officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the four residents' blood and took them to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, LoHud.com reported.
Officials said a motor within the building's boiler shorted out and caused the carbon monoxide to be vented into the home, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Yonkers Resident Has Been Decorating His Home For 15 Years
- 3 Construction Starts On $27M Yonkers Affordable Housing Complex
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yonkers
- 5 13 New Yonkers Police Officers Graduate From County Academy