Four Yonkers Residents Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

  • Comments (1)
Photo Credit: File

YONKERS, N.Y. -- A carbon monoxide leak in a Yonkers home sent four people to the hospital on Monday morning, according to LoHud.com. 

Fire officials responded to a call at 4 a.m. that a woman living in the home on Porach Street was having trouble breathing. Officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the four residents' blood and took them to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, LoHud.com reported. 

Officials said a motor within the building's boiler shorted out and caused the carbon monoxide to be vented into the home, LoHud.com said. 

Click here to read the full story. 

  • 1
    Comments

Comments (1)

The Yonkers Fire Department has been very busy lately! Credit to YFD and the firefighters -- and probably YPD and Empress as well -- that they checked all occupants of the home. Not just the lady who was complaining of difficulty breathing.

Great job guys! Who else can you call at four in the morning and expect them to show up -- in force -- a few minutes later?