YONKERS -- Yonkers Fire Department quickly extinguished a fire on Highland Terrace on Thursday morning.
According to a story on News12.com, fire officials said the blaze started when the homeowner's cigar blew into a woodpile stacked near the house Wednesday night. The smoldering ashes erupted into a morning blaze. A 7 a.m. call alerted the fire department to the blaze.
There were no injuries and there was minimal damage to the home.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.