YONKERS, N.Y. -- UPDATED 4:45 P.M. The woman responsible for crashing a sedan into River's Edge Restaurant and Bar in Yonkers late Monday, temporarily displacing 14 people, has turned herself in, police officials said.
According to police, Samantha J. Rodriguez, 23, turned herself in at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
The crash disturbed a gas line and compromised the overall structure of the building, which prompted the Yonkers building department and Office of Emergency Management to assist the Red Cross in evacuating the four apartments above the restaurant.
Yonkers police later located a gray sedan with substantial damage, which they impounded as evidence.
Rodriguez was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. She was issued an appearance ticket for Yonkers Criminal Court for June 24.
- 1 Yonkers' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Yonkers Woman Charged In Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 4 Unconscious Man Found In Yonkers Burning Home
- 5 Activists Warn Of Abuse Allegations Against Ex-Priest Who Lives In Yonkers