This story has been updated.
YONKERS, N.Y. -- A three-alarm fire in a Yonkers apartment building early Friday morning has resulted in injuries to at least three people, according to the Yonkers Fire Department.
The cause of the fire was an overloaded power strip in the living room, the Fire Investigation Unit announced late Friday morning.
The fire, which broke out shortly after 5 a.m. in the sixth floor of the building at 200 Valentine Lane, was knocked down by 6 a.m.
Two sixth-floor occupants were removed by a fire escape, and one of the residents was transported to St. John's Riverside for smoke inhalation, according to the fire department.
Three firefighters were treated at St. Joseph's Hospital for minor injuries. One firefighter transported to Westchester Medical Center for elevated levels of carbon monoxide.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.